عنوان مقاله [English]
In current study, effect of model WLH (Wide low head) and NLH (Narrow low head) fusegate’s location on hydraulic characteristics of flow were investigated. scale models of standard WLH and NLH type fusegates were made respectively in 16.7 and 25 cm height with five different inlet wells heights and located in the middle and end of the laboratory flume and it was tested and the values of different flow discharge and corresponding upstream heads were recorded and the discharge coefficients value were calculated. Results showed that in a certain model of fusegate, the discharge coefficient is a function of the ratio h/H (the ratio of the water height on the fusegate to the height of the fusegate) and with the increase of the water height above the fusegate, the value of the discharge coefficient decreases exponentially. Discharge coefficient of fusegate located in the end of channel is more than located in middle of channel (Due to the reduction of the limiting effect of the channel wall), and difference in the value of the discharge coefficient in WLH fusegate is more. Using 80% of the data, appropriate relationships were proposed for estimating the discharge coefficient. This relationships were validated using the remaining 20% of the data. The statistical parameters show the high accuracy of this relationships in estimating the discharge coefficient.